Rory McIlroy says he doesn't lose sleep over major hunt

Rory Mc Ilroy is tournament host for the fourth time

McIlroy started his pre-tournament news conference by announcing that his own Rory Foundation, the European Tour, event sponsors Dubai Duty Free and Ballyliffin Golf Club have raised a combined donation of nearly £90,000 for the local Donegal Hospice, in line with the tournament's continuing policy of benefiting the local community. You have to hit fairways, the greens are getting firm, it's getting bouncy out there - it's going to be a really good test this week.

Luckily for us, Lowry made it out of his auto unscathed and made his way to the Pro-Am as well as the novel GAA challenge, which saw him play Gaelic Football alongside Donegal's Michael Murphy, Kerry's Kieran Donaghy and fellow golfer Paul Dunne. "I don't get any enjoyment finishing in the top ten, it is no fun to me", said Harrington. I didn't have a good Sunday.

"My goal this year, it wasn't to win majors". It was just to give myself a chance and to put myself in positions to see how I fair.

The Holywood man - victor in 2016 at the K Club - missed at least seven golden opportunities on the greens, but was not overly despondent having shot a two-under par 70.

McIlroy won the title in 2016 but has missed the cut in four of the last five years, during which time he has had to juggle his duties as tournament host of the £5.3million event. I did that at Augusta and felt I learned from it and, hopefully, I can put myself in similar positions at the Open and the USPGA.

England beat Sweden 2-0 to reach World Cup semi-finals
The winning goal from Maguire of Leicester City arrived just on 30 minutes, and it was another textbook set piece for England . England's Marcus Rashford, left, comforts Sweden's Victor Lindelof at the end of their quarterfinal match.

Why higher unemployment signals a strengthening economy
With 93 straight months of job growth - a historical record - many employers have said they're feeling pressure to raise wages. The EPOP for prime-age workers (ages 25 to 54) edged up to 79.3 percent, tying the high for the recovery reached in February.

Coach of Thai boys trapped in cave offers apology to parents
It is only a small battle we've won, but the war has not ended. "We are still at war with water and time", Osottanakorn also said. I promise I will take care of the children the best I can. "Thank you for all the moral support and I apologise to the parents".

"I think Ballyliffin is one of the most attractive golf courses I've ever played, truly".

A two-putt birdie on the par-five 17th got McIlroy back to level par for the day and two under overall, just three shots off the lead shared by Danny Willett, Ryan Fox, Peter Uihlein and Joakim Lagergren.

"I feel like my game got better each day in France last week and after my first couple of days of practice here, the swing feels quite good".

"I haven't played here in 12 years and I'd sort of forgotten how good it was and how handsome the area was".

"I've done my work".

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top UFC 226 Results & Discussion: Miocic vs Cormier, Ngannou vs Lewis, & More
Jul 08, 2018 - 11:10
I'm 39 years old. "From crying in this octagon nearly a year ago, to leaving as the heavyweight champion". Cormier is at least 5 inches shorter than the 6-foot-4 Miocic, who has a whopping 8-inch reach advantage.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Tuberculosis spill triggers hospital evacuation in Baltimore
Jul 08, 2018 - 10:26
According to Johns Hopkins Medicine officials, the amount of frozen tuberculosis released was the equivalent of a few drops. Treatment with antibiotics for four to nine months is required to treat the active disease.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top North Korean, US officials seek clarity in second day of Pyongyang talks
Jul 08, 2018 - 09:18
President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore last month, according to a pool report . Both said they needed to "clarify" certain elements of their previous discussions, but provided no detail.

UFC 226 odds roundup: Cormier an underdog facing Miocic in Las Vegas
Jul 08, 2018 - 08:44
Jones' win over him a year ago was ruled a no-contest after Jones tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs. He's also fought a jiu-jitsu guy [in Werdum], and strikers [in Junior Dos Santos and Alistair Overeem].

Wimbledon 2018 -- No. 1 Simona Halep loses in third round at Wimbledon
Jul 08, 2018 - 08:28
Bencic, now at 56 in the world, next faces two-time Grand Slam champion Angelique Kerber who swept past Naomi Osaka of Japan. Hsieh thoroughly deserved her win which booked her a fourth-round clash with Slovakia's Dominika Cibulkova .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump unleashes trade war with tariffs on China
Jul 08, 2018 - 08:14
They are the first stage in levies threatened by the Trump administration on a total of $450 billion worth of Chinese goods. Based on foreign investment flows, the capital is likely to have come mostly from the US, Japan and South Korea.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Marcus Smart 'Hurt and Disgusted' That Celtics Haven't Contacted Him
Jul 08, 2018 - 06:28
Apparently, president Danny Ainge is yet to reach out to Smart and his representatives and it's angered the player. But now, as the clock ticks on his restricted free agency, Smart isn't feeling the love from Boston.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Bystanders push subway train to free trapped woman
Jul 08, 2018 - 06:01
The first story was a tweet from Boston Globe reporter Maria Cramer, who was there to witness the aftermath. The incident has since gone viral, for reasons that tell two different stories about America in 2018.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top England to face Croatia in semi-finals
Jul 08, 2018 - 05:59
It was a sign of what was to come - direct balls, long throws, pressing - but those basic tactics didn't trouble England . This was England's most complete performance of Russian Federation 2018 in what was a highly-credible team effort.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Why Fred did not play at all in Brazil's World Cup campaign
Jul 08, 2018 - 05:46
Brazil hasn't had the same coach for two straight World Cups since Mario Zagallo was at the helm in 1970 and 1974. It promised to be a World Cup where he cemented himself as a legend, instead he's merely become a meme.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Croatia end Russian Cup dream in dramatic shootout
Jul 08, 2018 - 05:12
Both goalkeepers made early saves in the shootout, with an injured Danijel Subasic stopping the opening shot from Fyodor Smolov. The game went to extra-time with Subasic staying on the pitch despite appearing to injure his hamstring late on in normal time.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top U.S. service member killed in apparent insider attack in Afghanistan
Jul 08, 2018 - 04:35
The incident marks the first combat fatality for the USA military in Afghanistan since April 30, and the second there this year. Officials said the incident is being investigated, and no further details were immediately available.

England defeat Sweden to reach first semi-final in 28 years
Jul 08, 2018 - 04:08
Goals from Harry Maguire and Dele Alli earn England a 2-0 victory over Sweden in Saturday's World Cup quarter-final in Samara . This was England's most complete performance of Russian Federation 2018 in what was a highly-credible team effort.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Croatia defeat host nation Russian Federation on penalties to reach semi-final
Jul 08, 2018 - 03:58
Domagoj Vida made it 2-1 for Croatia 10 minutes into the second stanza with a fine header that sailed into the bottom corner. And it was Lovren's team that prevailed 4-3 in the shootout when Barcelona star Ivan Rakitic netted the decisive kick.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Leaders of Germany, Hungary exchange barbs on migration
Jul 08, 2018 - 03:29
Merkel made the remarks at a joint press conference after a meeting with the visiting Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban. After a standoff, Malta let the boat dock but only if other countries offered to take a share of the migrants.